You may have heard of subscription services where you get goodies in the mail every month. You may even be a member of such a service! All you do it sign up and every month, like clockwork, you get a nice package chock full of goodies, all related to that month’s theme.
I’d heard of these but never signed up for any.
And, to be honest, I still haven’t. But if you’re a book lover, there is a virtual service like this especially for you.
It’s a digital box stuffed with stories and novels, coming to you every month. This month being October, the box is naturally brimming over with rotten corpses and cursed heirlooms!
I’m talking about the Pikko’s House Book Lovers Box. There are literally thousands of happy readers signed up for this service, and you can join them. Just check out https://www.pikkoshouse.com/box/ Past themes include a mythology box, end of the world, sci-fi box, fantasy, romance… You name it, it’s a theme. This month not your thing? That’s okay. Take the goodies, share them with someone else, and wait for next month, when you’ll get a dozen or so books you do like!
I’ll let the curator describe it herself; she’ll do a better job than I can:
What is a digital subscription box?
Okay, so you’re probably wondering what a digital subscription box is. Think one of those cool curated subscription boxes you get in the mail, only this one doesn’t come in the mail, it comes via email.
You see, the thing about real subscription boxes is, while they’re fun to open, in the end they essentially amount to clutter (except for the delicious snack ones, cause you just eat those).
So instead of a physical box, I’m offering a digital box of fun things for people who love to read. Free ebooks, ebook deals, tips for writers and freelancers, book giveaways, extended versions of my webcomic, SimpleMarkup, that sort of thing. It’s still got that bit of a mystery surrounding it that’s so attractive in subscription boxes but without any of the physical downsides.
By signing up, you get access to the current box. Soon, I’ll also add archive pages for book-cover puzzles and comics. Join the fun!
As I said, October is Halloween themed: “Spooks and Ghouls.” And there’s 16 authors with horrible relics for you to enjoy!
- Wicked Innocents by S.H. Livernois (ARC, limited to 80 copies)
- Blood and Chaos by Bob Williams (99-cent series)
- Between Life and Death: Dead Woman’s Journal by Ann Christy (free book)
- Ruin: Kano’s Necromantic Comedy by Karl Radle (free review copy)
- Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper Box Set by J.L. Bryan (set of 3 free books)
- Must Love Ghosts, Season 1 by Charity Tahmaseb (BookFunnel freebie)
- Pretty When She Dies by Rhiannon Frater (99 cents)
- Vitaortus by Dea Schofield (free novel)
- Black Candle by by H.P. Bayne (BookFunnel freebie)
- The Blood Singer by Patrick McNulty (BookFunnel freebie)
- Soul Breaker by Clara Coulson (free series starter)
- Infection by Philip Harris (free series prequel)
- The Raventree Society, Episode 1 by J.E. Purrazzi (BookFunnel freebie)
- The Secret Diary of Helen Blackstone by Michele Pariza Wacek (BookFunnel freebie)
- Hungry Gods by J.D. Brink (free novel)
- Hawk Hallow by J.D. Oliva (BookFunnel freebie)
Yeah, one of mine is in there too. 🙂
If you’re interested, hop on over and check it out. Some of those goodies come in limited quantities, so it’s first come, first served. Enjoy!